21 Bamford Road
Tel: 01706 620 158
Mob: 07918 703 667
Fax: 01706 620 158
Rent a house or flat in Lancashire
Rent a house or flat in Lancashire with the letting and property management experts in Heywood, Rochdale
At Choice Lettings, we make the process of finding a home to rent easy. We’re committed to finding a rental property that fulfils all of your requirements. You may be looking for a flat or house to rent, furnished or unfurnished for a single person, couple or family. With our expertise and experience in property letting and management, combined with our extensive local knowledge, we’ll help you find your perfect property.
Search our current properties to let
Our promise to you
At Choice Lettings, we value our tenants very highly. As well as ensuring you are happy with your new rented house or flat, we make sure all the necessary health and safety checks and any repairs or upgrading of the property are carried out prior to your moving-in date. For your safety, comfort and peace of mind, our comprehensive property management service includes:
- Gas safety checks (by our in-house CORGI registered engineer)
- Property repair and maintenance
- Emergency call-out service
- Cleaning and upgrading properties between tenancies
Choice Lettings works closely with the Rochdale Landlord Accreditation Scheme which recognises reputable landlords whose properties are in a satisfactory condition and hold the relevant gas safety certification. Many of our properties are accredited by the Local Authority and meet the government’s Good Homes Standard.
- The first stage is to fill in the necessary reference forms and return them to Choice Estates with the £100 administration charge. (The administration fee is required to process your application and references and is non-refundable)
- For a joint tenancy, the administration charge is £150 to process both applications and reference checks.
- Once the reference checks are successful, a date can be arranged to move in to the property.
- On the start date of the tenancy the bond and one month’s rent must be paid upfront in cash before the keys are released. If paying by cheque, the funds must be cleared on the start date of the tenancy for the keys to be released.
- The tenancy will be for a minimum and maximum of 6 months in duration. During this time, Choice Lettings will carry out regular checks of the property to ensure it remains in a satisfactory condition.
- In the event of a breach of the tenancy agreement, Choice Lettings is obliged to terminate the contract with a two month statutory eviction notice.
Information for unemployed applicants
In April 2008, the Housing Benefit system was changed. It is now called Local Housing Allowance and each area has a fixed amount of benefit depending on the tenant’s personal circumstances. Have you checked your Local Housing Allowance entitlement?
Rent to income chart
A tenant must earn a gross income (income before tax) of at least 2.5 times the rental figure. In the case of a joint tenancy, the combined gross income of both tenants must be at least 2.5 times the rental amount. Otherwise, a guarantor must be provided whose gross income is at least 3 times the rental figure.
|Monthly Rent (£)||Tenants Annual Income (£)||Guarantors Annual Income (£)|